martedì 8 dicembre 2009

Kamiya is up for more Viewtiful Joe, down on more Okami



Hideki Kamiya's latest master piece, Bayonetta, is set to hit shelves in just less than a month. Already garnering some huge critical acclaim, including perfect scores from Japan's Famitsu and the UK's Edge, Bayonetta is shaping up to be the first big blockbuster of 2010.

But Kamiya's past that, his work on the title is done. So what's he eyeballing for future projects? He isn't quite sure yet, but he would love to visit some of his old IPs that currently reside in the legal hands of his former employer, Capcom.

"Up until very recently I really felt someday I wanted to make a sequel to Okami," said Kamiya in an interview, featured in the upcoming issue of Game Informer. "But then the other day I heard the announcement that someone else would be making a sequel [in regards to the DS title, Okamiden] and now I'm just not interested in it anymore. Once someone else touches a world that you yourself created it stops being yours."

"Viewtiful Joe is probably all I've got left. That story is incomplete so I'd like to finish it someday," Kamiya revealed, laughing "But that would probably be the most difficult one to do."

It's safe to say I would love to see him revisit either franchise.

Ps3center

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento